Template:Main Page/In the news/Archive
Jump to navigation Jump to search
AARoads Wiki launched on September 7, 2023. This archive compiles news items that have been used on the In the news section for the front page since then.
- The Federal Highway Administration releases the 11th edition of the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices.
- A new divided highway opens carrying British Columbia Highway 1 and the Trans-Canada Highway through Kicking Horse Canyon.
- A new section of the North Spokane Corridor (future U.S. Route 395) opens in Spokane, Washington.
- Interstate 10 in downtown Los Angeles was shut down for over a week as a result of a warehouse fire that damaged concrete piers supporting the highway.
- Traffic on Interstate 95 in Philadelphia is moved from the temporary roadway built on site onto new permanent bridges less than five months after the 2023 Interstate 95 highway collapse.
- The Arkansas Department of Transportation approved an extension of U.S. Route 78 along 140 miles (230 km) of existing highways between Jonesboro and the Tennessee border.
- Alabama State Route 158 near Mobile opens to traffic after nearly 20 years of planning and construction.
- Highway 400 closes after a truck overturns near Aurora, Ontario, spilling hundreds of pounds of celery across the southbound lanes.
- A six-day closure of the Bainbridge Island ferry (carrying State Route 305 from Seattle) to vehicles and bicycles begins as part of terminal improvements.
- The Interstate 95 express lanes in Virginia are extended south by 10 miles (16 km) to Fredericksburg.
- The final sections of the old I-74 Bridge carrying Interstate 74 between Iowa and Illinois are demolished by explosives.